Help identifying manufacturer of a 2" PVC P Trap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhawkmd

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2" PVC P Trap that I am struggling to identify the manufacturer. I am hoping they are still in business. I colored the "M" in black to help show it. If anyone has any information on the manufacturer or other manufacturers that are compatible with the union on this trap I would greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

• m p trap.JPG
    m p trap.JPG
    917.7 KB · Views: 7
Start over, and describe the exact problem you are having with the p trap.
And post a wider view picture, to show what is wrong, at what location, and why something needs fixing or changing.

Start over, and describe the exact problem you are having with the p trap.
And post a wider view picture, to show what is wrong, at what location, and why something needs fixing or changing.
Thank you for your reply. The exact problem that I am having is I have not been able to identify the manufacturer of the P Trap. I have since learned that it is manufactured by Mueller Industries. Thank you.

Instead of stating what is actually wrong with your p trap, you decided to give a snarky answer.
Good luck with your repair.

The repair has already been made. I needed the name of the manufacturer to get the part I needed. I was very specific in my request and you chose to try to diagnose a problem that I did not ask for your help with. I am not some rank amateur. I build service stations for a living and I have run pipe from 1/2" to 4" black and galvanized steel. I asked for help with a specific question and you chose to treat me like some idiot to explain a problem to you that would have been a waste of your time and mine.How is that for snarky answer? If you are going to do this you should give some thought to paying attention to what the person who is asking for help is looking for and less trying to throw around your expertise.

The repair has already been made. I needed the name of the manufacturer to get the part I needed. I was very specific in my request and you chose to try to diagnose a problem that I did not ask for your help with. I am not some rank amateur. I build service stations for a living and I have run pipe from 1/2" to 4" black and galvanized steel. I asked for help with a specific question and you chose to treat me like some idiot to explain a problem to you that would have been a waste of your time and mine.How is that for snarky answer? If you are going to do this you should give some thought to paying attention to what the person who is asking for help is looking for and less trying to throw around your expertise.
Why did you need to know the name of the manufacturer ?

If you're so experienced at laying pipe that your wife is jealous, why don't you know the name of the manufacturer? Or maybe you are an amateur and don't know what you're doing. Still not sure what that manufacturer has to do with anything. It's PVC pipe, it all glues together the same way.....

If you're so experienced at laying pipe that your wife is jealous, why don't you know the name of the manufacturer? Or maybe you are an amateur and don't know what you're doing. Still not sure what that manufacturer has to do with anything. It's PVC pipe, it all glues together the same way.....

It is amazing to me that the "Professionals" on this forum cannot see a scenario that I would need to know the manufacturer of the fitting. To your comment about my experience, I deal in Steel and Fiberglass Pipe & Fittings, not PVC. Since steel pipe & fittings are NPT, I assumed that PVC threaded fitteings ie: a union would use the same standard. I was wrong. A union ring from a Charlotte Pipe made union with not thread onto a male union half made by Mueller. I needed to try to find another P Trap made by Mueller ( I found the answer on Facebook, not here) so I would not have to tear everything out including the sink, cabinets, counter top to access behind the cabinets to access enough straight pipe to get a coupling on and re pipe it. It was far simpler to find another P Trap. The ring on the union of the old P Trap had split. The male half is fine. None of the other manufactures available to me locally would thread onto it. I really wasn't trying to be "Snarky" with Jeff. I asked a specific question and I just wanted a specific answer. I guess, in hindsight, it would have been easier just to explain it once and get it over with since I ended up explaining it anyway. lol I hope this has been helpful.

It is amazing to me that the "Professionals" on this forum cannot see a scenario that I would need to know the manufacturer of the fitting. To your comment about my experience, I deal in Steel and Fiberglass Pipe & Fittings, not PVC. Since steel pipe & fittings are NPT, I assumed that PVC threaded fitteings ie: a union would use the same standard. I was wrong. A union ring from a Charlotte Pipe made union with not thread onto a male union half made by Mueller. I needed to try to find another P Trap made by Mueller ( I found the answer on Facebook, not here) so I would not have to tear everything out including the sink, cabinets, counter top to access behind the cabinets to access enough straight pipe to get a coupling on and re pipe it. It was far simpler to find another P Trap. The ring on the union of the old P Trap had split. The male half is fine. None of the other manufactures available to me locally would thread onto it. I really wasn't trying to be "Snarky" with Jeff. I asked a specific question and I just wanted a specific answer. I guess, in hindsight, it would have been easier just to explain it once and get it over with since I ended up explaining it anyway. lol I hope this has been helpful.
Please note that I purposely ignored your comment about being a "rank ameteur." I am in a good mood today.

For the record, I agree that manufacturer does matter when mixing pipe snd fittings......sometimes.

I was just curious as to why you wanted to know the manufacturer. Your answer is somewhat legit. Thank you for your reply.

Have a great day sir. 👍

Nhawkmd, thanks for your good explanation to this puzzle.
I have run into that same issue several times, trying to make different vendors’ unions play nice together.
Water heater dielectric unions come to mind.
And also when swapping out brass utility sink faucets with unions.

The reason I wanted more background on the underlying issue with the trap, and also a wider angle picture, is because sometimes what posters on here ask for, and what they really need, are not the same thing.

For example, asking how to fix their leaking p trap, when with a good wider view picture, we could see that the leak is actually coming from a cracked slip fitting on the drain, higher up.

Glad that you got your issue tightened up!

If you had led with that information there would have been a lot more information and help available. For the record I do not think you are an amateur, I may have been overly snark in my reply and I apologize. It really grinds my gears when a question is asked, more info is requested, and a seemingly snarky reply is received. We are all here in our own free time and sometimes things are lost in translation. Glad you got your problem solved. I hope your good mood continues.🍻

Latest posts

Back