Help identify this faucet and the cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting one to deal with since they seem to have 3 control valves, one 910-022 and two 910-030. I'm getting another Pfister faucet and rough-in kit through the mail, and will check how they stamp the internal parts to identify their brand. Here's an update on the branding. On a single handle bath/shower faucet, there is an etched Pfister label only on the outside of the escutcheon. You do not seem to have this type of exterior labeling on your parts, which is likely due to having boutique fixtures in your bathroom. Behind the wall, the only thing I can see on my cartridge is a manufacturing tag made of white cardboard. It has the date of manufacture, and other details, but no explicit Pfister name (even though this is a genuine Pfister rough-in kit from the manufacturer). The brass body has the PP initials (probably Price Pfister) cast in the part. None of the other parts, spout, shower head, etc., have the Pfister name on them. It is a shame that the plumbing companies are so nebulous/lax in labeling their parts. Thus, you have to rely a lot on forensics. Even customer reps will occasionally make a mistake in identification, even with a photo from you mobile phone. Some will own up to the ID error, and refund you the cost of the parts. One last thing: Pfister instructions are not very good. Use your common sense if you ever need to do installations or repairs.

Last edited:
Back