Help finding through wall AC back grill

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadly

Reaction score
I realize this is not a plumbing problem, but, considering I don't have a lot of HVAC questions, I'm hoping to avoid going to an HVAC dedicated forum. I need to find the correct back plate (grille) for my throughwall unit. It is a Fridgideaire. I can locate the part number if I take it out, but I can't at the moment. I will work on this. It looks identical to this unit I found online (Link) (FFTA0833S1). It is 2 ft. by 1ft 2in. and the condenser is centered on the back. I'm getting a lot of mold lately, and it is draining fine, no standing water, so I can only assume that the back grille, which I know is from a different unit, is the cause. Any ideas? I haven't been able to find the appropriate back grille for this unit number above, but I haven't turned up anything.

Lol. We dunno. But I wouldn’t think a wrong vent panel will cause condensation. An improperly sized unit will soak a house tho. Or you have a draft leak somewhere and your drawing in hot air constantly. Once your ambient air is within 20-30 degrees of conditioned air. You no longer condensate. Units inside the conditioned space will still condensate. But not nearly as much as an outdoor unit or attic unit.

sounds like the last guy that said “it’s a good unit. Put this other cover on it and install it”. Yeah he wasn’t a hvac guy. Don’t hire him back.

Latest posts

Back