Help diagnosing a sink problem?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmerriam

Reaction score
My sink has had an problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I turn it on only a small stream comes out. When I set it to hot it takes maybe a minute or two, gradually warms up, starts making a stuttering sound for maybe 30 seconds or so, then finally comes on full blast. Any idea what's happening here? See video below.

There is a restriction somewhere in the system . There is usually a screen located in one if not several places with a system like yours . Take sprayer off end of hose and see if pressure increases . does it only do it in touch mode ? does it work better manually ? look up specs online of faucet make / model and get exploded view , see if you can see where screens may be .

As Pat said, look for a tight spot somewhere.

There are at least two possibilities, there is likely a little check valve in or near the faucet head.
Also a little flow restrictor screen or o ring, both can be pulled out and cleaned, or the manufacturer will send new ones usually for free.

Looks like a Delta style handle, so call Delta customer service or look in your manual, or find your faucet and manual online.

There could also be a clog inside the faucet valve, there are little springs and rubber seals in there that you can take apart to clean or replace.

Even the shutoffs under the sink might have sediment or minerals trapped inside or just behind them in the wall.

It looks like a Delta Addison faucet.
Here is a link to their manual for their touch sensor faucets.
They have an electric valve called a solenoid, maybe that valve is not opening fully and is causing that chattering sound?

https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/106559 Rev C.pdf
They run on batteries or an ac adapter.
Maybe it just needs new batteries?

Looks like they come with two little check valves, they are located right where the water lines attach to the shutoff valves under the sink. See the manual for pics and info. These can clog up or fail.

Either way, Delta tech support will advise.

Looks like faucet and parts have lifetime warranty.
Except for electronic parts, only five years.

Last edited:
Back