Help! Can you advise how to remove this 4" round steel lid?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootch

Reaction score
The attached pictures represent a 4 inch round steel lid of sorts, on the end of a steel pipe. This was from a shower, and what the shower drain drained into from the P-trap. I'm a novice, but is there a way to screw this off, any particular or specific tool I must use? Or, is this a "gotta call a plumber"? I am super and incredibly appreciative of any help, advice, thoughts, or insight, thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-5254.jpg
    IMG-5254.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG-5253.jpg
    IMG-5253.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG-5252.jpg
    IMG-5252.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Just cut that broken part of the pipe flush with the hub, home depot/Lowes makes something that pushes into the pipe with a wing nut to tighten it, expanding the fitting I call it a spin tight can't tell if it's cast iron or galvi but you can cut both with a saw all or grinder

Just cut that broken part of the pipe flush with the hub, home depot/Lowes makes something that pushes into the pipe with a wing nut to tighten it, expanding the fitting I call it a spin tight can't tell if it's cast iron or galvi but you can cut both with a saw all or grinder

THANKS! Anyone know what this Home Depot/Lowes item is called?

Back