Help! Banana peel stuck in my toilet...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonah

Reaction score
I tried plumbing, didn't help. I used an Auger, got a **** ton of hair and semi big pieces of banana out. The flush still isn't working properly, although slightly better. Seems there are still pieces inside.

I would appreciate the help! :) :) :)

Is there anyway I can loosen up the banana peel? I was able to get a good chunk out, and I took out a lot of hair so it should be loosened up already. Is there really no other way? because doing that would probably lead me to break something or I'll probably need to call a plumber... and I really cannot afford that O: :(

If you manage to get the banana peel through the toilet and into the drainage system, you may open up a whole new, more expensive, can of worms.

Pull the toilet off the floor and make sure it doesn't get into the drainage. Don't bust it up anymore, stay away from drain-o and liquid plumber type products. The whole process will cost you an hour of your time and maybe $15 in materials. And most importantly, don't flush food down the toilet, and don't clean your hair brush and flush it either.

You will need to get a replacement wax ring, btw.

You will need
wax ring
gloves
paper towels (for wiping up)
some sort of scraper to scrape wax off (nothing that will scrape porcelain or gouge the plastic)
a plastic trash bag to set the toilet on when it is pulled
a hose
dish soap (for cleaning up the old wax)
2 drinking straws
Optional beer to celebrate a job well done.

If you can't lift the toilet off by yourself, get some help.

Once you have pulled the toilet and gotten the banana cleared, clean the residual wax off the bottom of the toilet and the closet flange. Then put down the new wax ring. You can set straws in the bolts for the toilet to help you line the toilet up when you are setting it down.

Make sure the toilet and flange are dry before setting the wax ring and putting the toilet down.

You will need to get a replacement wax ring, btw.

You will need
wax ring
gloves
paper towels (for wiping up)
some sort of scraper to scrape wax off (nothing that will scrape porcelain or gouge the plastic)
a plastic trash bag to set the toilet on when it is pulled
a hose
dish soap (for cleaning up the old wax)
2 drinking straws
Optional beer to celebrate a job well done.

If you can't lift the toilet off by yourself, get some help.

Once you have pulled the toilet and gotten the banana cleared, clean the residual wax off the bottom of the toilet and the closet flange. Then put down the new wax ring. You can set straws in the bolts for the toilet to help you line the toilet up when you are setting it down.

Make sure the toilet and flange are dry before setting the wax ring and putting the toilet down.

How clean does the tip of the drain need to be, in other words, do I need to get every little speck of wax off? Also, do you think I'll be able to reach in and just take the peel out? Thanks, oh btw, I thought a peel was the same consistency as a piece of s h i t so I was like "eh what the heck" lack of judgement on my part. hahaha

By the way guys, I'm 16 and doing this without my mom knowing haha

Last edited:
... oh btw, I thought a peel was the same consistency as a piece of s h i t so I was like "eh what the heck" lack of judgement on my part. hahaha

rolling%20laugh.gif

And I thought you might not have been getting enough roughage... :rolleyes:

How clean does the tip of the drain need to be, in other words, do I need to get every little speck of wax off? Also, do you think I'll be able to reach in and just take the peel out? Thanks, oh btw, I thought a peel was the same consistency as a piece of s h i t so I was like "eh what the heck" lack of judgement on my part. hahaha

I think it is best if you get all of the wax off because it might be contaminated. The old wax could prevent the new wax from forming a proper seal.

Reaching in and pulling the peel out depends on how far in it is and how small your hand is. Don't risk getting your hand stuck though.

I wonder if a handheld shower attachment with high spray power would be able to dislodge it.

You might want to just let your mother know you goofed and apologize and say you are trying to fix it.

before you get your little butt into a whole big mess

best thing to do is tell your ma, you stopped up the toilet.

let her have a plumber come and unstop it.

i mean,,,stopping up a toilet is no big deal,

Ma's crazy. Will go nuts. I bought myself an auger and a plunger, even a wax seal. I think it's too late to go back haha

what kind of auger ? little short $19.99 from big orange box store ?

or a rigid 7' long one that runs about $70.00 ?

little 19.99 will only make you mad.

go get some closet bolts also.

turn water off under tank.
flush toilet
get a bowl..or empty butter container.
put a towel in the tank, to dry up residual water
remove supply from tank
remove 2 bolts under tank,,,remove tank
remove 2 nuts holding bowl to floor
put on surgical gloves
remove old wax
throw out old wax and gloves
new gloves
remove old closet bolts
install new bolts
place wax ring inbetween bolts....clean out bannana from bowl,,,
set toilet over bolts....push down
put back together in reverse order

go on youtube,,,how to set a toilet

And the most critical thing....when you are done and tightening the bolts down on each side of the tank, use lots of control so as to not break off the ears of the toilets. You will be cinching down metal to porcelain, which is about as strong as glass.

I thought of a solution. I realized that a banana peel had to be placed a certain way to be causing a blockage, and since it's flexible that a weight too strong for it to support it would break and fall through the pipes. So I shat... alot. Turns out it worked!

Back