Hello!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeygerMike

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Michael and I'm an insurance broker specializing in artisan contractors. Before I go any further, I want to make sure you all know that I'm not here to pitch how great our company is and to solicit insurance.

I'm here to learn how the plumbing trade is evolving so that I can be better at my job! I figured I'd also offer up some neutral opinions/advice on any questions concerning risk mitigation and insurance, so please, feel free to ask.

I look forward to learning from you all and interacting!

Cheers,

Michael

Hello all,

My name is Michael and I'm an insurance broker specializing in artisan contractors. ...
Usually, the term "artisan insurance" means coverage for only the liability of the contractor. But you didn't quite say that. You said you specialize in artisan contractors. So, by this, you seem to be saying you sell broader insurance, like some kind of package for contractors. Is that what you do?
What size companies do you have as your current customers?

Usually, the term "artisan insurance" means coverage for only the liability of the contractor. But you didn't quite say that. You said you specialize in artisan contractors. So, by this, you seem to be saying you sell broader insurance, like some kind of package for contractors. Is that what you do?
What size companies do you have as your current customers?

Correct, we do have a broad product offering. We have every type of coverage available to the contractor/construction industry. Bonds, General liability, builders risk, etc. We also do a ton of consulting on risk reduction/mitigation, certificate organization/management, so on and so forth.

Our primary focus is small-to-medium sized companies. Unfortunately small-to-medium sized businesses are the hardest hit and in some ways preyed upon so we try to close gaps and reduce the risk.

Within the last couple of years we have noticed that a lot of contractors have massive gaps in coverage by no fault of their own. It's not feasible for contractors, or anyone for that matter who is not an insurance professional to understand and ensure that they are correctly insured - that's the insurance professionals job.

Sadly, due to shrinking margins and agencies that don't know how to compete other than to be the cheapest, it's a pretty broad problem. So, before I write enough here to publish a book (sorry, I tend to get carried away sometimes) I'll say this - we're here not to pitch, we're here to learn.

I'd love to get the perspective of the people on this site and to offer up some advice if needed. We just want to be up to speed on where things are going and how to do better for our clients.

Cheers,

Michael

Welcome, Mike!

Insurance was a major pain in my neck the first two agencies I worked with. Finally found an agency that is extremely responsive and on top of things.

A good insurance agent makes life SO much easier.

Back