Hello from a DIY homeowner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartleyhs

Reaction score
I am a homeowner replacing my Cast Iron waste pipes with PVC and would like verification that I am doing it correctly. I will post my question soon.
Thanks
Martha

Post lots of pictures before you start tearing stuff out.
Better to get good advice beforehand.
You don’t want to rip out your hard work if you have installed something that won’t function properly, or be safe

Jeff,
unfortunately I already ripped it out and replaced with PVC. the job is done unless someone here tells me it’s wrong. I posted my question and pics in the “projects” forum last night. I am fairly confident in the job except for the double San-T I used under the toilet to tie in the branches. I read something that made me think I should have used a double fixture T instead.
Thanks

It looks like it should all work ok.
Pros on here will advise on the correct double tee or not.
What is that coupling with red markings on the right branch just past the double tee?
Why the red stuff?

Is that some kind of a slip fitting with o rings?

It is a push fitting called connectite. Lowes sells them and home depot can ship to store. while I wouldn't think these would be appropriate on every fitting (some just seem like they should be glued together) I have found having a few of these in the pipe run saves me if I have to make a correction somewhere. Also they allow the pipe to turn so in this run I had two 1/8th turns. I did it 2 times with the cement and both times got the slope wrong. A lot of wasted time and money having to cut it out and do it again. On the third try I discovered these, and was able put the whole run together then twist them to give me the perfect 1/4” slope.

Attachments

• AA7389E9-9ED1-4B59-94DC-4E6845A4F200.png
    AA7389E9-9ED1-4B59-94DC-4E6845A4F200.png
    865.9 KB · Views: 13
Back