Helf Identifiying shower faucet (pics)

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

MrGreen

Reaction score
Hello all!
thanks in advance for your help

I have a faucet that wont stop leaking nk matter which way I turn it. Im assuming it needs a new cartridgeA45EA04C-C119-4DB6-AB6A-A42D3C7109CC.jpeg0929FE84-EC2A-4AF5-992D-28D958105C1A.jpeg

used the thread here as reference

but not sure what i have still
pics below0929FE84-EC2A-4AF5-992D-28D958105C1A.jpeg

Attachments

bbp

Reaction score
That is an old Delta valve. The chrome bonnet nut must be removed to expose the internal parts. BE VERY CAREFUL LOOSENING NUT, that valve may be old enough that it has 3 3/8" copper lines that hold it to the main valve and it is easy to break those. WD-40 and light tapping around perimeter of nut, also a little heat.

Last resort is a Dremel tool to carefully cut through nut, the only threads are on the knurled part of the nut.

MrGreen

Reaction score
That is an old Delta valve. The chrome bonnet nut must be removed to expose the internal parts. BE VERY CAREFUL LOOSENING NUT, that valve may be old enough that it has 3 3/8" copper lines that hold it to the main valve and it is easy to break those. WD-40 and light tapping around perimeter of nut, also a little heat.

Last resort is a Dremel tool to carefully cut through nut, the only threads are on the knurled part of the nut.
that was quick thanks!!

can I use a blue plumbing torch to loosen it?

and when searching for a cartridge, what reference should I use?

I will be cutting the tile around it tomorrow to get a better view

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No torch, there are parts that will melt ring the pic to a plumbing supply house or contact delta