Height of freestanding tub filler??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haust

Reaction score
I just had a freestanding tub and floor-mounted tub filler installed by plumbers. I think the risers on the tub filler are too tall for my tub because it just doesn't look right. The side of the tub where the filler is mounted is 24" off of the floor. What is the proper height difference between top of tub and bottom of spout?

Additional info:

height of tub from floor is 24" (on side where tub filler is located)

lowest part of spout is 7" from top of tub

risers are approx 36" from floor

summer 2011 004.jpg

Last edited:
By most codes, the proper height for the spout, where the water comes out of it, above the top edge of the tub is no less than 6 inches.

Last edited:
Seems okay to me as long as droplets of water don't spray onto the floor while the tub is filling.

haust, if you Google Images 'freestanding tubs' you could look at the photos and do a comparison of the installs. I have installed some of them and sometimes the new appearance takes some getting used to, so I understand your skepticism. Outside of code requirements, sometimes it's just a matter of personal preference.

Seems high to me, personally. Especially considering the picture is taken on a slight downward angle.

When I get home (tonight or tomorrow) I will upload some pics of one of my displays.

Latest posts

Back