Heating Oil Tank 275 Gal Leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
Can I use a different oil company for refilling the tank while I'm under a contract with another company? I started not like the company which I signed a contract with. Please advise, thanks!

Hi All,
Can I use a different oil company for refilling the tank while I'm under a contract with another company? I started not like the company which I signed a contract with. Please advise, thanks!
Post your entire contract so I can read it.

It was agreed contract over the phone. There is no contract in writing and I haven't signed anything.

BTW, what is the usual price range for contract cancelling fees?

It was agreed contract over the phone.
So what contract did you agree to over the phone? If it's 'come by monthly and fill it up', then either tell them not to, or have someone else fill it before they come, and they won't sell you any oil. If it's "200 gallons a month at $5/gallon" then I have no idea.

If you had a verbal contract over the phone, then the cancellation is going to be verbal over the phone.

So what contract did you agree to over the phone? If it's 'come by monthly and fill it up', then either tell them not to, or have someone else fill it before they come, and they won't sell you any oil. If it's "200 gallons a month at $5/gallon" then I have no idea.

If you had a verbal contract over the phone, then the cancellation is going to be verbal over the phone.
I just called another oil refill only company. They don't seem want to do the business with us after hearing about the tank and contract issue. I am having someone to come in to give us an estimate for the oil to gas conversion. Oil is expensive and many other risks.

It was agreed contract over the phone. There is no contract in writing and I haven't signed anything.

BTW, what is the usual price range for contract cancelling fees?
I doubt you have a binding contract.

If I had a tank like that in my basement that I didn't trust I would build a containment around it. A 2 X 6 frame and some really heavy plastic, or better yet some rubber roofing material.

If I had a tank like that in my basement that I didn't trust I would build a containment around it. A 2 X 6 frame and some really heavy plastic, or better yet some rubber roofing material.
The trouble is how do you lift a full tank . I would just by some absorball and buy in a dyke system.

Rather than try to contain what is obviously a leaking tank, you should empty it and get it out of there. If you install a new oil tank or convert to gas or whatever, that’s a separate detail. A dike or homemade containment with 100 gallons of oil in it is going to be way more difficult to deal with than a tank that is only dripping at this moment. When you (or your heirs) try to sell the house, the very first thing you’re going to have to do is to get rid of the superfund site, and then you’ll know how expensive this kind of thing can be.

Latest posts

Back