Heat pump water heater condensate line necessary in crawlspace?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcodyd

Reaction score
Greetings. I’m installing a heat pump water heater in an unsealed crawspace. The crawspace stays generally dry and fairly warm (Arkansas) and has about six foot high ceiling where the unit will be installed. I’m removing an indoor hot water heater and replacing it with this heat pump water heater that will be installed in the crawspace.

The electrical is done. I’m tapping into cold and hot water lines that run directly over where the heat pump water heater will be installed. Here are my questions:

Since this is in the crawl space, I’m not planning to run plumbing to the pressure relief valve. I’m thinking this should be okay, right?

Similarly, since this is in the crawlspace, should I run a line for the condensate drain? I’m thinking it should be okay to leave without a line if there will not me much condensate. I would have to run a pipe about 10’ and drill through a cinderblock and brick wall. I can plumb the pipe if need but am not sure if it’s required.

I much appreciate your insights.

Latest posts

Back