Had septic tank pumped yesterday. Full again

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdye

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Stumbled across this forum and was hoping for some good advice. We have had to have our septic tank pumped every year for the last 3 or 4 years. I know this is too much and there must be a problem somewhere. Well now its getting serious. We had the septic pumped yesterday because it was backing up in the bath tubs. It seemed to work fine, everthing was draining properly again. Tonight a little over 24 hours later the drains are backing up again. My wife ran a few loads of laundry and took a bath but it doesnt seem like it should be full again already. I called the septic guys and he told me to get a septic repair permit before he would even look at it. I need some advice and possible solutions.

Thanks,
Robby

Robby, You say you have had it pumped - Have you had it inspected with all the problems you are having ? You may have a problem with your leach/drain field.

Septic tanks are always full. The liquid spills off the top into the drain fields and the solids go to the bottom.

It sounds like you have a clogged drain before the tank. It might be time for a plumber with a snake to clear it. Maybe even a camera inspection to see what's going on. Could be roots.

You should consider having your outlet line (pipe leaving your tank) and distribution box inspected. Any reputable septic company should be able to diagnose at that point. Most common problems are clogged outlets and too much sludge in the drain field piping. Could you tell us more about your system?

Back