Grohe Lady Lux splashes - can aerator be changed?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsjbs

Reaction score
We have a Grohe Ladylux Pro Dual Spray pull down kitchen faucet, 32244

We like the look of it but on the default spray is a solid stream through the center that splashes up from the sink a lot. When you press the button to change spray the *alternate* spray is a bunch of thin streams around the perimeter and is much better, but when the water goes off it always returns to the default splashy spray.

The business end of it is in the attached picture. Is it possible to swap in a different aerator or do anything else to it that might make it less prone to splash? If I can take it apart I'm even game for trying to freeze it in the secondary position.

I did find the Grohe 13997000 Starlight Chrome Flow Straightener which seems to show how to remove the aerator portion with the special tool but it's not clear to me if the flow straightener itself is simply an exact replacement for the one I already have or whether it does something different.

Thanks for any leads!

Attachments

• P5wpzBn[1].jpg
    P5wpzBn[1].jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 7
That laminar flow aerator is integral to the spray head assembly. The assembly can be removed using the larger diameter castelated tool Grohe includes with each faucet.
Once out, you can clean the fine plastic screen, but not change the aerator.
I just installed that exact faucet on my new, island sink and we do not get the splashing. In fact, our flow is like velvet water.
The flow control on that series is in the quick disconnect underneath.
Mine is the brown one: 1.75 GPM # 4822000
You can contact Grohe at their 800 number and possibly be sent something different. or [email protected]
FYI Red is 2.2 GPM, Gray 1.5 GPM, Yellow and Green are unrestricted.
To show how global it all is now. Good old Grohe is now owned by the Japanese conglomerate, Lixil Group, which also owns American Standard and many other brands.

Back