Grading Leach field prior to insulation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fango

Reaction score
Trying to learn all I can here so excuse the newbie question. I have a lot in Charlotte, NC that has perked fine twice now. The property is rather small and limited to one area on the property for the drainfield. This area is rather lumpy with a fair slope. I would like to grade 1'-2’ from the highest point to lessen the slop and smooth it out prior to installing the septic system. Is this possible without screwing up the land or by doing this would I lessen my chance of using this area as a septic field? I read that the city could void my perk test if grading was done but said it is fine to use tractors to remove/ dig out trees on the potential site. Thanks!

Perk pic.jpg

Attachments

• 1612839267654.png
    1612839267654.png
    153 bytes · Views: 0
The city has answered your question.

I suggest you contacting the city and get approval to do your proposed work.

Looking at the soils report. You have a couple of inches of loamy soil, over a clay/loam mix, then clay. This soil will be very susceptible to compacting with even a little effort over it. So, you would need to be very careful in how much you do on top of it. And, any major work could make it impermeable. So, Asking the city is the best course of action.

Looking at the soils report. You have a couple of inches of loamy soil, over a clay/loam mix, then clay. This soil will be very susceptible to compacting with even a little effort over it. So, you would need to be very careful in how much you do on top of it. And, any major work could make it impermeable. So, Asking the city is the best course of action.

Thank you very much for the help!

Putting in a standard leech field is going to tear everything up anyway. Do the leech field and the cosmetic stuff at the same time.

Back