gerber laundry faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdema19403

Reaction score
this is the faucet i have the hot water side is leaking but i cannot unscrew the valve from the spigot any ideas Thanks in advance
20200618_130342.jpg

Did you remove the handle shut the water off open the stem about half way then back out the stem, I can’t see the shape of the stem maybe a socket will fit over it just becareful brass is soft or find a wrench that fits it give it a couple wack with a hammer

It looks like the brass stem unit has two flat surfaces for a wrench to grab, the rest is round.

It also looks like someone already tried to grab those two flats, but the brass is getting damaged and rounded over.

If a Crescent type wrench is used, it has to be as tight fitting as possible, or it will slip and cause damage like that.

An open end wrench is better in a situation like that, with a tight stem unit that needs to be wrenched on very hard.

At this point, you might need to use vice grip type pliers, or a big Channel lock type of pliers, to get enough grip to bust that stem unit loose.

Spray some penetrating oil where it rests against the dull brass body of the faucet, and wait one full day, then clean off the oil with detergent, then try again.

Back