GE Front Loading washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zolasattic

Reaction score
I have a relatively new (3 yrs) model GFWN1100L3WW that has suddenly ceased cycling. It will fill, dispense detergent & begin to agitate, then drain immediately & stall in a pause mode (start button flashing). The only suggestion I've been able to apply thus far is cleaning out the drain filter, which hadn't much in it. I've searched high & low & can't find a solution that is either specific or adaptable to my model. I live alone & don't do tons of laundry, so this can't be from overuse. Any tips/advice/suggestions out there?
Thanks in advance for whatever you can provide!

Only 3 yrs old. Applaince tech should probably be able to figure it out. Did you try Contacting GE? Those dang things have electronic circuit boards in them.

i googled your model #

Electronic Control Reset

Step 1

Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.

Step 2

Wait at least 30 seconds.

Step 3

Turn the timer knob all the way around and stop on any position other than “final spin.”

Step 4

Plug the washer back in, then start the washer. If the washer fails to respond, make an appointment with a licensed GE repair technician.

HydroWave Motor Reset

Step 1

Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.

Step 2

Wait for 1 minute, using your watch or a timer for accuracy. After 1 minute has elapsed you have 30 seconds to complete the next step.

Step 3

Lift the washer's lid at least 2 inches then close it all the way; do this 6 times within 12 seconds. This completes the motor reset.

Step 4

Test the machine by starting a wash cycle on the small load setting. Wait while the machine fills and starts the initial agitation. At this point you can pause the cycle and add clothes to complete a wash load, if desired. If the washer fails to fill or agitate, make an appointment with a licensed GE repair technician.

Sponsored Links
Original Kenmore Parts

Fix It With Kenmore Parts.

Sears PartsDirectª Has You Covered!
searspartsdirect.com/Kenmore

How to Do It Yourself

Search Videos & Articles to Find

How to Do it Yourself - Free!
www.howtosimplified.com

Smelly Washer Mold Solved

HE Washer Dryer Won't Smell Anymore

Leave Damp Clothes 48 hr - NO ODOR
www.technofresh.net

Washer Dryer Combo Sale

Washer Dryer Combo Up To 35% Off

Compare July 2015 Top Offers
pricemall.us/Washer-Dryer-Combo

Comments

More Like This

GE Washer Still Won't Run After Replacing the Control Board

How to Fix a GE Washer That Won't Spin

How to Reset a GE HydroWave Washer

You May Also Like

How to Reset a GE HydroWave Washer

GE HydroWave washing machines are top-loading, residential clothes washers. Unlike traditional top-loading washing machines, GE HydroWave washing machines do not have ...

How to Reset Washing Machines

How to reset your GE washer; How to Find the Reset Button That Controls the Water Level for the Kenmore Washing Machine;...

How to Reset a GE Washing Machine Stuck in Spin

GE automatic washing machines come in a variety of models, each with its own distinct set of features and functions. Every GE...

How to Reset an Indesit WIA101 Washing Machine

The Indesit WIA1001 series washing machine is a washing machine predominantly sold in Europe. It uses an analog programming button denoted as...

How to Troubleshoot a GE Harmony Washer

The GE Harmony washer is a top-loading machine that features an interactive touch screen and cycle memory function that allows you to...

How to Reset a GE Profile Dishwasher

Touch the reset button to cancel the washing cycle and reboot the panel. 2. If the machine is unresponsive, ... Is There...

How to Access Error Codes on GE Washers

General Electric (GE) washers generate error codes when malfunctions are ... How to reset your GE washer; ... GE front-loading washers are...

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_5681220_reset-ge-washing-machine.html

I cannot tell you how many times anything electronic in my house (or outside of my house, like a car??) "wakes up stupid" one day, and the fix is always the same. Turn it off. Unplug it. Wait. Plug it back in...

The car? Stop, park. Turn it off. Open the door; keep it open for a moment. Close the door. Restart.

Last year some lady in a new Mercedes was driving down the road, real slow, like she was either stalking or lost. She pulls into a driveway, turns around. Keeps stopping and starting. Finally I stop her. "What are you doing?" I ask. "My car's screen won't display correctly. The map and radio are gone." I told her to put it in park. Turn off the car. Open the door. Close the door. Restart the car.

Problem solved.

Hopefully this washer only needs a reset. Those circuit boards can be expensive, and diagnosis, even more sometimes. I bought a front loader a few years ago, and then bought a decent surge protector to plug it into; it helps keeping the power-outs and close lightning strikes from zapping the electronics. Works for me.
https://osceolaenergy.com/surge-protector-vs-surge-arrester/
Here's one that has good specs for a reasonable price:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...rnid=386442011&s=aht&sr=1-8&ts_id=761520&th=1

Last edited:
“What about lingerie?”

My very prudish great aunt once told me a surprisingly dirty joke.

Just before her wedding night, a young woman receives a lovely nightgown as a honeymoon gift from her mother.

She admires it, but is puzzled by the fir trim down at the very bottom, and asks about it.

“Oh, that’s to keep your ears warm”.

Alot of front load washer a have an error code book an appliance guy told me to remove the bottom panel were the pump is (cleaning the pump out was my problem)but it was there and had all the codes

Back