Gas Lines With PEX

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steventheplumber

Reaction score
So I have been arguing with someone for a few days now about the inability to use PEX tubing with gas lines. The other party is clearly insisting that not only is this just, but it is legal. I don't recall reading of any standards being published allowing PEX tubing to be used in these types of applications. Can someone please justify this argument with some factual knowledge. Thank you!

We use Polyethylene gas line all the time for underground use. Once we come out of the ground we transition to metal. That stuff is just too vulnerable to be exposed. Poke it with a nail and you get a hole in it.

Seems about right to me fellas. Thank you all once again for winning my debate in good fashion. Can't wait to prove this guy wrong. It's one of those people who think they know everything, and never admits they're wrong. Anyways one quick look at this thread and ill prove that he's full of BS. If he continues to argue I'll relate him straight to Frodo. Haha!

Latest posts

Back