Gas line Bonding

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickwhoo

Reaction score
I just got a new Propane supplier and he said that I need to ground the gas supply pipe in the basement. He suggested grounding the pipe to the ground line sticking out of the electric panel. how do I attach the grounding wire to the ground wire coming into the panel? I see a clamp to buy that can attach to the pipe, but nothing to attach to the wire.

He said to attach the wire from the Black pipe to the ground wire above the panel for the easiest way. see pics.

1109151434.jpg

1109151435.jpg

They do sell clamps but im not sure if that is proper, hopefully someone else will chime in soon with more knowledge than I. And don't worry about the pictures, I have the same problem.

Anyone know how long I have to wait for my old propane supplier to pick up his 500 gal tank before I can either dispose of or keep it after them getting notified? He won't return my calls.

where the pipe comes out of the house, drive a copper rod into the ground bond a 6 gauge wire to the service pipe to rod

you do not want to bond to electrical, a spark and gas = think about it

The water supply pipe is 3ft under ground where it comes into my house. Can I ground it where it comes in the basement.

Anyone know how long I have to wait for my old propane supplier to pick up his 500 gal tank before I can either dispose of or keep it after them getting notified? He won't return my calls.

Took a month for my propane company to come get mine. Well wasn't mine but was here when I bought my house and I didn't want to pay the seven bucks a month rent so I put my own in. I finally moved it to the street and told them it was on the curb and they came the next day.

Latest posts

Back