Frost free silcock

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anas

Reaction score
Hi Guys,View attachment 20210513_203545.jpgIm wondering if I can solder these two piece. FYI the threads of my silcock were stripped (where the hose connect) I tried to change the entire silcock but it seems soldered to gate valve. So I cut the thread end of silcock now want to solder this two piece or any other solution which I can do at the exterior of home.

You could solder them together if it’s a tight fit.

Remove the guts of the faucet first, or at least if I tried it, that’s what I’d do.

You realize the proper way would be to replace it, but if it’s yours, do as you wish.

It probably had one of those hose bibb vacuum breakers with the set screw that ruins the threads if someone try’s to remove it by unscrewing it.

The answer is no you can't. I could, but you... No.

I've actually "butt welded" copper pipe together with a brazing rod. I think a brazed joint with the correct flux would work better if someone was trying this, which they shouldn't.

it looks like a male barbed hose adapter to female hose adapter . Why no just buy a new hose.

it looks like a male barbed hose adapter to female hose adapter . Why no just buy a new hose.
He cut the hose threads off his frost proof faucet.

He’s now wanting to solder on a brass hose repair fitting that’s Barb x Male hose threads.......backwards. 🤣

Latest posts

Back