Fridge water line from garage

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterTheG

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm hoping to move a fridge to a wall that doesn't have an easy run for a water line. It is the wall shared with the garage, and our washer and drier is in there. Would it be better to run from the sink, which would have to go over a door, around 2 corners, or come in through the garage? It's a slab foundation, so going under the floor won't work. Can we punch a hole in the garage wall for a fridge water line? Have they invented wireless water yet? 😂 What would be required to secure the line in the garage? Thanks!

I would probably try to make a connection between the the washer hose and the stop valve it connects to on the cold side. Thats the easy way.

I'm not understanding this, maybe... You washer/dryer are in the garage? In Washington state? Must be a wonderfully insulated garage.
OR... is the wall where you want the fridge in the interior "laundry room? If that's the case why couldn't you tap into the water supply for the washer?
Maybe a little more concise, or detailed information would be helpful.

Whatever you do (I would utilize the garage myself), make sure you do a clean install, using a box similar to pictured here.

Attachments

• sharkbite-ice-maker-water-valves-25033-64_145.jpg
    sharkbite-ice-maker-water-valves-25033-64_145.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
Whatever you do (I would utilize the garage myself), make sure you do a clean install, using a box similar to pictured here.
The way I learned to pipe houses we always put the ice maker cut off under the Ksink. Old people can’t get to it behind the fridge.

But sometimes I’d put a valve behind the fridge also. Two valves.

I mention the connection box because at one of my old houses, they had no box and simply added the valve on the wall. Of course we all want the big, ugly fridge as close to the wall as possible, and damned if I didn't push it back too far, and sheered off the valve. What a mess! I love the idea with having two shut off valves!

I forgot I was talking to the “ flush “ man. 😬

You did good.

I have customers like you. I find they like certain things. I cater to that.

I try to give people what they want snd give them reasons why it’s a good or bad thing.

Make people happy and you’ll never be without a customer. My phone rings 24/7

Last edited:
Why would you use a $50 wall mounted box just for a refrigerator waterline shutoff?

Some homeowners have preferences. Some like a box while others do not.

It does offer a finished appearance rather than having a pipe coming out of the wall.

In my area, the supply pipe is usually a big loop of soft copper, coming up from a hole in the floor near the baseboard.
With no shutoff there, the shutoff is almost always hidden away somewhere in the basement ceiling.
So I add another in-line shutoff while I am working behind the fridge.
While changing the solenoid for the fridge water, etc.

Latest posts

Back