Friday Septic Fun- Question for Someone Smarter than Me

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epatullo

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I am in Minnesota and had a new septic/mound system put in in 2014. Years ago a tree fell and a branch hit the post coming up that contained the power box and broke the red light/alarm that was on top of it. To my knowledge the counter inside stopped working at some point. Last year I had a company install a new alarm/light which was attached to the other side of the post. This morning, I walked outside of bowhunting and heard a vibrating/buzzing noise from the post. I went up to it and saw that the loud buzzing was specifically coming from the counter. I was confused as I thought it was no longer working. (see Photo) I also became concerned due to my wondering if that was actually supposed to be the alarm even though though the new alarm/light wasn't sounding. I tested the new alarm/light and it appeared to function. I cut the power to the whole works and then turned it back on and it still was aggressively vibrating. I checked the tank and it appeared normal. So I removed the fuse (left side of pic), and the new alarm/light appears to still function. I also raised the float and the pump turned on. I've never watched it function before so I watched and all appeared to work- lower water level. What I did not expect was the water discharging back into the tank from the elbow joint as seen in the video attached. From what I can tell, it seems too directed to be a leak or a crack in the elbow. My question to you is #1) Provided what I have explained, what are your thoughts on the buzzing/fuse situation and do you feel the issue was solved and #2) is this water discharge by design? My brother suggested that it was possibly to assure no water is left in the line to avoid freezing?
Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_5401.MOV
    14.5 MB
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back