Franke Little Butler HT-200 Faucet Dripping

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not end up doing the replacement of the leaking stem/cartridge.
My client had a plumber working on their outdoor kitchen, and he swapped in the new Franke parts while he was there.
But I bought the parts from
Chicago Faucet Shoppe.
1 (800) 969-8625
And their tech support is very helpful, they have talked me through some tricky stuff before.
Not sure how helpful they will be if you don’t order parts from them.

Thank you Jeff for the quick reply! I'll contact Chicago Faucet Shoppe to see if they can help me finish this job.

some times those instant hots do leak and this is normal. when you heat water it expands and has to go somewhere .

True; I've had a couple different ones over the years. However, this faucet came to point where it was a constant and wasteful trickle of warm water running out, not merely the occasional drip & sputter of pressure being relieved. I had an InSinkerator brand instant hot faucet for many years that also developed a leak like this too, but a new cartridge got that working good as new. I'm hoping to have similar luck with the Franke model after repairing it.

tue
True; I've had a couple different ones over the years. However, this faucet came to point where it was a constant and wasteful trickle of warm water running out, not merely the occasional drip & sputter of pressure being relieved. I had an InSinkerator brand instant hot faucet for many years that also developed a leak like this too, but a new cartridge got that working good as new. I'm hoping to have similar luck with the Franke model after repairing it.
that is true, i remember a customer that insisted that it should not leak one drop . but as you say a trickle is unacceptable. I used to know the field tect guy for that and mr steam ect. great guy to know. i am now out of the trade so i can not help you .

You have to adjust the temp based off your elevation from sea level.

If you turn it all the way up at sea level it’ll relieve itself quite a bit.

I forgot to mention that I answered the online form on Franke's support web page more than a week ago, including a photo of the faucet and a copy of the purchase receipt. I still haven't heard anything from Franke.

I'm working on a Franke hot/cold dispenser now. Started dripping a month ago after about 7 years. It has a Little Butler heater unit that we leave in the off position.

I called Franke and they had me send a photo to confirm the model. No reply to the email so I called back a week later and while on the phone the guy found the email and shipped me out two replacement cartridges (valves) - one for hot and one for cold (for free).

The hot and cold cartridge assemblies appear almost identical except that for the cold, the grooves for the lever are centered and the grooves in the hot are offset. I think this is because the cold lever is designed to stay down when pushed back but the hot lever requires that you hold it or it will spring back to off/closed. I don't know if there are any other differences.

To get the cartridges out and in, unscrew the cap/nuts around the levers. You might need some downward pressure as the valve pushes against them. I got mine off with finger pressure - no tools. Once out, grab the cartridge with needle-nose pliers and pull straight up. Push the new one straight down. At least with my model, there is no twisting required. Line up the lever so that it's seated correctly and screw the cap down. You'll need some downward pressure on it.

After all that, my dispenser is still leaking from the faucet. I'll be calling Franke again to see what's next.

It could be set too hot.
I think it is meant to drip if overheated, to relieve pressure.

It could be set too hot.
I think it is meant to drip if overheated, to relieve pressure.

Definitely. That's what the Franke site says as well. I'm adjusting the temp setting (and will even try turning it off). So far the drip seems to be cold water.

Update & Resolution (for me)

Franke sent out another set of cartridges and these did the trick. After pulling out the first set of replacements I noticed that one of the o-rings was mangled. I must have somehow done that when installing them.

Anyway, it's been a couple of months now and no leaking/dripping.

Franke was a little hard to get in touch with initially, but once I got them on the phone they sent out the right parts for free.

Always clean out the crud and minerals inside the body of the faucet before installing new parts.
Rinse with a squirt of water, wipe with rolled up paper towels soaked in vinegar, q tips, whatever works for you.
Sometimes I break the sharp tip off of a pencil, to make a dull probe to try to persuade some mineral chunks to let go from inside the faucet body hollow areas.
Then coat o rings, hollow spaces, and all else with thin layer of plumbers’ silicone grease.
Helps everything slide in without binding or getting nicked, slightly improves the seal, might make rubber last longer, and helps when yanking the parts out again years later.

You can also get Franke parts from Chicago Faucet Shoppe online.
Not free.

Latest posts

Back