Quantcast

Forum for Irrigation Systems?

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

skeezix

Reaction score
Is there a forum that discusses irrigation system piping, valves, controller, and sprinkler heads? I can't seem to find one.

skeezix

Reaction score
Hey, thank you for adding the "Yard Sprinklers and Irrigation" forum! Here is what I wanted to ask...
I have a Rainbird automatic sprinkler valve and a Rainbird control station that are separated by 20 feet. I connected a cable from the station to the valve area. The cable contains five wires and a sixth wire for a common. Right now the valve end of the cable is just floppin' in the breeze.

I installed a metal outdoor receptacle box that has three 1/2-inch threaded holes. I need to feed the cable into the box and then connect it to the two wires from the valve's solenoid. I am looking for a 1/2-inch entry that screws into the receptacle box and that has a watertight fitting where the cable goes into it.

Where can I see an image of the correct fitting to use?

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Those are low voltage wires, and besides a waterproof wire connector, nothing else is needed, unless you want to clean it up for aesthetics.

skeezix

Reaction score
I found what I was looking for on the McMasters-Carr website for around $3 apiece.