Forgot to bolt down toilet flange

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bomba

Reaction score
Hi all. New to forum, have a question. I installed a toilet flange to a 3 inch pipe. Used PVC cement to attach flange to 3” pvc. Forgot to screw flange to subfloor after glue dried (an hour or so after applying). Installed toilet, no rocking or anything, works like a charm. Should I remove the toilet to screw down the flange; I’m afraid over time of putting extra stress on the cement holding the flange and 3” pipe together.

Thanks

IMHO, I would spend the hour to pull the toilet and do it right, using appropriate corrosion resistant screws.
If you like to gamble, you could do nothing and deal with the consequences when the pipe eventually breaks or leaks. Realize that the toilet is only attached to the DWV pipe, which is the only thing that keeps the toilet from moving, and that DWV pipe would not have much support itself.

Yeah idk if You can tell but i woke up at 2am to this realization. Guess I’ll do it first thing Monday morning. Thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back