For you Angie and the New Basin Wrench

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birkoff

Reaction score
You guys just don't let us go away.

I forgot what my last plumbing question was, it was years ago, but Angie emailed me and wanted to know what I was up to.

Installed a Chamberlain garage door opener this weekend that I can open using an app, so can open it a quarter of a mile away or from a quarter of the earth away.

I've never done much plumbing stuff, installed a hot water heater, from store to house. I recently had my regular house HWT go out and it was under warranty, so, so far its been a free replacement, otherwise it would be $780.

I bought a modern lav faucet for a cabin to replace a 30 year old from Costco a few weeks ago. Before doing it I tried to figure what tool I'd need and figured a Basin Wrench would save the knuckles. Plan to install it this weekend.

039166046676.jpg

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Hi Birkoff neat things to keep you busy. Thanks for joining in and telling me what you've been up to.

What went wrong with the hot water heater? And thank goodness it was under warranty!
It's so good you can do these things.

The recent HWT failure....noticed water wasn't as warm while taking a shower. Looked at the tank and notice a blinky light and a pool of water at the base of the stand. So I turned off the gas line and called my local plumbing company.

A few days later they came out, replaced the tank and gave me a bill for $780. I called the next day and said, "I think that tank had a 10 year warranty." The plumbing company said, "Yes it did, I've been on it this morning, do you want me to tear up your check or send it back to you?" I said tear it up. They said they would send me a bill if there were any charges. I've used the same local plumbing company for the last 40 years, so trust their work and the way they do business.

Back