FNG

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassix

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My name is Cassidy, I started plumbing in 2004 in Utah under the IPC book, I attended the plumbers apprenticeship program they had at Dixie Applied Technology College in St. George from 2004-2007. I wouldve finished my last year but the economy got so bad down there it was near impossible for a 3rd year apprentice to find work, unless you were a Journeyman you were overlooked. So I moved to Washington St. in 2008 but didnt find steady work till 2009. I've pretty much tried worked in all common areas, new commercial, new residential, service, re-pipe, from one bath slabs to 8 story apts to warehouses but I dont know **** about plumbing. If you think about how much there is to know about plumbing, by comparison, I dont know much. I'll never know all there is to know and I dont think anyone will. But after ten years im still learning something new everyday and I love it. , every time I work with somebody else I always try to pick up something from them maybe learn something new from somebody else every plumber I work with and then put my own spin on it I'm going to do it. I just love the hell out of Plumbing.

Hey everyone,
. If you think about how much there is to know about plumbing, by comparison, I dont know much. I'll never know all there is to know and I dont think anyone will. .

That"s the truth. I have not had any real formal education in plumbing, except maybe a code class. I do service work and I've done okay the past 30+ yrs.

Hey everyone,
But after ten years im still learning something new everyday and I love it. , every time I work with somebody else I always try to pick up something from them maybe learn something new from somebody else every plumber I work with and then put my own spin on it I'm going to do it. I just love the hell out of Plumbing.

Me also Cassidy, I have been plumbing for over 30 years and still learning
get your head into reading prints and doing the layout,
on comercial jobs the plumber that does the lay out and reads prints, makes a little more

comercial work has 2 books that come with the print
the specs for the job chapter ..... Division 1500
and the submittals of every fixture and equipment with cut sheets that you are using
READ EM

little tricks. read the contractors Division some times you will find that the contractor is responsible for ALL WALL lay out. this is GOOD, saves you time and puts the responsibilty on him. he will not admit to it unless you find it yourself.

Back