Fluidmaster 400 Leaking from Top

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmallTownGirl45

Reaction score
I spent the whole afternoon watching YouTube videos but still can't figure out how to fix this leaky fluid valve cap that's causing my toilet to run. I tried (1) taking the fill valve cap off and flushing the debris and (2) taking the fill valve cap off and raising/lowering the height of the fill valve, all to no avail---which brings me to y'all. Hopefully you can help me out here. Do I need to replace a part? Or is some configuration wrong?

2snZZbK.jpg

K2YJorj.jpg

You can either buy a new valve or replace the rubber disc under the black top it snaps on and off and the mechanism that works the float arm turns left or right exposing the rubber disc......even if this did not work you would be more comfortable working on this valve I think it will

You can either buy a new valve or replace the rubber disc under the black top it snaps on and off and the mechanism that works the float arm turns left or right exposing the rubber disc......even if this did not work you would be more comfortable working on this valve I think it will
This has to be done with the eater off

Thank you, Geofd. I willl look into this and report back. Heading to the store now...!

Last edited by a moderator:

I fixed it!!!

bIuw7eq.jpg

wMwBYOi.jpg

^ Old seal and new seal package

Hurray, good diy fix!

I usually just change the whole valve, because sometimes a new rubber seal does not work, and the whole valve is about $7.00.

Looks like replacing your tank bolts and washers might be in your future pretty soon.

Hurray, good diy fix!

I usually just change the whole valve, because sometimes a new rubber seal does not work, and the whole valve is about $7.00.

Looks like replacing your tank bolts and washers might be in your future pretty soon.

I'll look into those, thank you for the heads up!

Good job but the person above is correct, your tank to bowl bolts and washers are on their last leg. Sorry to tell you that

Back