Flooded Well Cap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should not have generic wire nuts on your well head, it should be heat shrinked like the ones on the pump itself.

There is a such thing as a plug to stop overflowing wells. I have personally never installed one, they are usually installed by well drillers around here. I believe they are specifically torqued as well because they are under pressure. I haven't ever saw one for sale to the public.

Artesian wells normally have an additional pitless adapter installer lower than the well cap, which drains off the artesian flow to a drain somewhere.

Not knowing what kind of pitless you have, it would be hard to tell you how to fix the problem. We use epoxy to plug the holes in the well seal here in Florida and used to epoxy the spools in the Whitewater Pitless adaptors in Michigan years ago. The idea is to first thread the wires through the pitless spool, then when the epoxy sets up, put the spool back in by splicing the wires top and bottom. Once back in place, the water can't seep back up into the upper pipe.

For a quick fix, you could simply drill a hole in the upper pipe so the water runs out before it get all the way to the top.

Latest posts

Back