Flexible Couplings OK for Sewer Drain Usage?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What inspectors want, inspectors get. They over rule the code book here. Many times I’ve done something they didn’t understand and try and back it up by code....nope, they weren’t having it. I’m sure we’ve all been there. So if they say we want joints sealed with duct tape.....

Amen to that, inspectors are a finicky bunch. I am very good friends with a retired inspector that i call often for advise, and he will even say it will be up to the inspector.

What inspectors want, inspectors get. They over rule the code book here. Many times I’ve done something they didn’t understand and try and back it up by code....nope, they weren’t having it. I’m sure we’ve all been there. So if they say we want joints sealed with duct tape.....

first paragraph in my UPC book. basically says, what ever this says, does not matter it what the inspector says it says

code also says you are not to mix different types of materials in a system, that means you have to replace abs with abs not pvc

Latest posts

Back