Fleck 5600st pre-loaded with Aldex c-800 but I think there is a problem, help?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Denning

Reaction score
Good afternoon all, I recently moved into my new build house. I purchased a Fleck 5600sxt metered on demand 48,000 grain water softener with brine tank, bypass and 1" adapters.
My house is pre-plumbed for a softener but i was still hesitant of installing because this house is the biggest investment of my life and as a novice plumber to say the best, i did not want to mess it up.
I had a plumber come out to install today and he told me that the resin in the brine tank was bad. First off he said that it was supposed to be more gold colored and then he said that the media itself breaks up to easily into small parts and that will get into my system and then cost my $$$$ to flush whole house.

I called the distributor that i bought it from and they tell me that the Aldex c-800 is fine and it should be like that when dry. Plumber disagrees and with me in the middle i have no idea what to do?? I have attached the pics i do have a link to a Dropbox video. Any insight from you pros would be greatly appreciated!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrc07pfoipyg8pz/IMG_2790.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0 2.jpg
    imagejpeg_0 2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 5
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
  • imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts