Flange Extender / Spacer after new floor installation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersm

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a new floor installed, and as it is seen in the picture the flange is lower by 3/4 from the floor level. The current flange looks that has a metal ring on it.

Could someone recommend what flange extender should I use for this? I am thinking to take a PVC extender, and then to unscrew the current flange and to screw the PVC one on top, using longer screws. Also, I think to add between flange and extender some silicon glue or something that's recommended.

Could you please share if any recommendation?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5475.jpg
    IMG_5475.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
I would’ve like to see the old flange removed then your new floor installed.

After the floor is installed then the flange sits on top of the new floor.

Too late for that now. I’m sorry.

I would’ve like to see the old flange removed then your new floor installed.

After the floor is installed then the flange sits on top of the new floor.

Too late for that now. I’m sorry.
Thank you for mentioning this. I wish it was removed and re-added or at least leveled, however the initial builder added the flange in this way, and the contractor who installed the hardwood flooring did not seem to do a better job as they did not have plumbers in the team.

There are a few items that I am looking for any advice:
1) Do you think that adding a 0.5 inch spacer it going to solve this problem. Measuring the height with current flange, it does look that I will need 2 of these, (as I cannot find one of .5):

1664173019078.png

2) What kind of silicon or glue should I used between the flange and the spacers?

3) Do you think that this is workable solution, or should I really get the contractor back to address this and remove the old flange (not even sure what removing the old flange will involve).

Thanks a lot!

I keep 4 or 5 of these on my truck just for this reason. Put them in many times and they work good. I silicone in
between them and any open edges. Make sure you get your bolts in and then screw the flanges to the floor.
Check your caulking and in your case since its yours let it dry and then set your toilet.

Thank you for your answers. I did ask the flooring contractor to come back and to remove the flange and the plumber to install a new flange. All the project took a bit longer, but at the end it got done right.

Thanks again for all your help!

Back