Fixing spaghetti

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamberg

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basement project... (before pic)

Grey water pump is bad and they want the area cleaned up (softener is going too).

What would you do with the 2" waste pipe? Can't imagine the 90° into the 4" soil is legit?

IMG_8087.JPG

Is that a saddle fitting tapping into the four inch sewer?
That can’t be legal.

You can take away the standpipe, trap, and most of the unused 2 inch drain, since they have the laundry tray pump now.

What are the two rightmost devices on the floor in the picture? I see electrical connections but no pipes, drains, or vents. Is that a GFCI outlet that they are plugged into? Seems a bit dangerous to put those on the floor in a basement without one.

Whoever did the copper work should put the torch down. And their crack pipe.

The saddle on the 4” isn’t code but it sure does look like it’s working just fine. It’s just gray water being pumped. That’ll ever stop up.

Finished pics...

Wish there was a better way to not loop over itself but really no other way without completely relocating the entire setup.

IMG_7891.jpgIMG_7919.jpgIMG_7918.jpgIMG_7929.jpgIMG_7911.jpg

Where’s the vent for the pump basin ? Is the basin sealed ?

Why did you mount the washing machine box so high ?

weird how you installed those stop valve with the handle toward the wall under the sink. Very strange.

Where’s the vent for the pump basin ? Is the basin sealed ?
Why did you mount the washing machine box so high ?
weird how you installed those stop valve with the handle toward the wall under the sink. Very strange.
  • Pump is trap/vent/less - connects directly to the basin tailpipe (Everbilt-1-3-HP-Utility-Sink-Pump-LTS250A)
  • Good question on the height. My original idea was to wye the 2" from the box directly into the drain but I'd need to be up another 6"+ to get slope, which wouldn't work. I ended up where you see it as I had the supports attached.
  • I used a HoldRite stubout support which tucked up under the basin. If I turned it around you wouldn't be able to get your hand up and under to turn off/on. This way is an easy reach around...
No comment on the 4" soil conversion? I'm sure I was going to take a beating on that??

Have to admit, it's cleaner than the before pic :O)

IMG_6351.JPGIMG_8086.JPG

4” stuff looks good. I like the heavy duty shield couplings but you did fine.

Cool little pump, I’ve never seen one.

thanks for answering my questions......✌

Latest posts

Back