Fix horizontal drain and vent slope

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonCornelius

Reaction score
I'm working on my first pluming project and had a quick question on how to fix the drain slope on some short horizontal pipes. The first is a 1 ft section of 2 in pipe for a vent running in the wall. It's sloped slightly backwards right now, but is pretty close to level. Is there an easy way to bend the pipe just a little to get the proper slope? Can I just apply some heat to bend it 1/4 in? The reason it's at the wrong slope is that I didn't properly support the vertical vent stack as I was gluing it, so the weight of the vent stack pushed the horizontal section to the wrong slope.

My second issue is a short run of pipe right after a 4-3 closet bend for a toilet is slightly too steep (roughly 1 in drop over 1.5 ft) because a 45 degree elbow was glued at slightly the wrong angle relative to the axis of another horizontal pipe. My intuition would say that it's fine since the waste will have a high velocity at that point anyway because of the vertical drop. Do I need to find a way to fix that slope? What would be the best way to do it?

Thanks!

Vent pipes can run level. Pitched a little is good but not necessary. Although you can heat pvc and make it pliable your more likley to burn it. I'd just shim it a little.

The toilet should be fine also. As long as you can set the toilet flat with the 90 being pitched (if it is).

Back