Finishing basement, need help identifying plumbing pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansG

Reaction score
I decided to go ahead and finish my basement but i am unsure of what pipe goes to which appliance. I thought the 4" pipe was for the toilet but the more research i do i'm not so sure. There's also a 3" pipe next to the house foundation that i do not know what it is. I was also wondering if the 1.5" pipe is used for the sink? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thank you.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DrawOnPhoto_1483803924097.jpg
    DrawOnPhoto_1483803924097.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DrawOnPhoto_1483804010453.jpg
    DrawOnPhoto_1483804010453.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 79
Thank you Frodo, I was just curious because the upper floor toilets are done in 3" pipe. I guess that was done because it is easier to conceal in the walls. I was also reading about newer homes being installed with a 4" pipe for radon remediation but i don't think they would have installed that pipe in the location of what looks like a bathroom rough-in. Thanks again, i'm just an electrician trying to be a plumber and becoming utterly confused.

Thank you Frodo, I was just curious because the upper floor toilets are done in 3" pipe. I guess that was done because it is easier to conceal in the walls. I was also reading about newer homes being installed with a 4" pipe for radon remediation but i don't think they would have installed that pipe in the location of what looks like a bathroom rough-in. Thanks again, i'm just an electrician trying to be a plumber and becoming utterly confused.

i use 4'' on toilets in the concrete, because a 3'' flange fits inside the pipe
if you use 3'', you wouuld have to wrap the pipe and dig the wrap out
to fit the fitting over the pipe

bathroom.jpg

i noticed your guitar, i make custom guitar slings, and rifle slings
any color, 2 or 4 colors custom lengths and deisgns, 2'' wide

Attachments

• DSCN4580.jpg
    DSCN4580.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN4668.jpg
    DSCN4668.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4607.jpg
    DSCN4607.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thank you again Frodo, the pic really helps. I do like the slings do you have a webpage?

Have someone go around running the sinks flushing toilets and go and see if u can hear the water

Latest posts

Back