Fernox Leak Sealer F4 in water heater???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gage Lamar

Reaction score
My water heater is leaking somewhere from the bottom. The cold water inlet and drain valve are both located on the bottom I sealed around both of them with gasket maker I went over the seams on the cold inlet and drain several time so I wouldn't leave any holes yet still have a leak in I put boiler leak sealant inside the tank and connect drain valve to the hot outlet and let water circulate for a while then drain and refill? Would be safe? I can afford a new water heater

How old is the heater? If leak is coming from under the tank then its time to replace unit and regularly flish new heater to prevent premature death

DO NOT POUR ANY CHEMICALS IN YOUR WATER HEATER. It is time for a new one. The inner tank is split/cracked and needs to be replaced. Maybe you could throw up a picture of what you have.

Now you have opened up a whole new case of can of worms. You will like have problems with your faucets. Don't drink the water or shower. Pipes may need replacing if that stuff got into your system at all.

Latest posts

Back