Febco 765-1" BV-Pressure Vacuum Assembly Leaking- Should I replace entire assembly?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebmulp

Reaction score
I have 12 year old Febco 765-1" BV-Pressure Vacuum Assembly for my home yard sprinkler system.
It is leaking. Please see the attached picture.

1. Can leak be fixed or I have to replace entire 765-1 assembly?
2 If leak can be fixed, then what is best method?
3. If leak cannot be fixed and I have to replace entire assembly, then any other vendors who are cost effective than Febco or any other model I should use? Or just go with Febco 765-1?
4. Is this crack normal wear tear or it is due to extreme weather?

I will appreciate the answers.

Regards,

Attachments

• Febco 765-1 leak.jpg
    Febco 765-1 leak.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 6
If it’s possible that it froze then I’d replace the entire assembly

What twowaxhack said, clearly the ball valve froze and split. While you _could_ try just replacing the ball valve, it's likely that other parts froze and were damaged, so now you are hoping nothing else gives out. I'd spend the $120 on a new one. [In fact, the day before we sold our house the buyer discovered that our backflow preventer was leaking, it cost us _way_ more than $120 to get the plumber to replace it, and then another $150 to have him go back and certify that the irrigation system was leaking well water (to the tune of probably 57 cents) and not town water (which would have been hundreds of dollars). Leaving a problem like that to come back and bite you later is a false economy.

Back