Faucet Reseating Tool

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowaxhack

Currently in the Lab conducting research
Professional
Reaction score
This will tap a faucet for a seat or you can sometimes put a little bigger seat into a valve where someone’s screwed the threads up.
I’ve used it 4 times in 35 years. 😐

Made by Chicago specialty.D4987210-B253-40B0-85E0-4B5E8AD7780A.jpeg

You can get these on eBay right now for 20 bucks and shipping.,

Not that anyone wants one. The last time I used it was on Christmas Eve about 4 yrs ago. Guy had a house full of people visiting and his tub valve was leaking on the cold side pretty bad.

All tiled in with that old nice vintage tile from the 50’s.

I couldn’t get the seat out and didn’t want to chance ruining the valve by continuing to try.

So I tapped the seat that was in there to accept a smaller flat seat. Then screwed the new seat into the old. It worked and it’s still working a few yrs later.

The advertising this man gives me because of this repair is amazing. He tells everyone the story if plumbing comes into the conversation.

Not that anyone wants one. The last time I used it was on Christmas Eve about 4 yrs ago. Guy had a house full of people visiting and his tub valve was leaking on the cold side pretty bad.

All tiled in with that old nice vintage tile from the 50’s.
I remember my first house (circa 1950) and the dozen or more valves in the basement. Other than the gate valve near the water meter, every valve in the house relied on seats and washers. Having little plumbing knowledge back then, I tried to get a DIY reseating tool, which only made the leaking problem worse. I finally found a solution at Brookstone. They sold washers that were screwless, and tapered like an ellipsoid. They're similar to No-Rotate washers but much better because they can adapt to uneven seats. I wish I could find someone who stocks the elliptical washers because most outdoor spigots in my current home use washers, and I can't find quality 1/4 turn full flow valves at the big box stores.

I used to carry a full set of faucet setting tools , I would remove the seat and then clean them up with a file, never really like the reseating tools. I also carried a full set of replacement seats and a board the you screwed in the seats to tell you witch one it was .

Yep I have a few different seat wrenches, and a seat grinding kit I think ives used the grinding tool a few times usually able to get the seat out and clean up the nicks or replace with new

Latest posts

Back