Faucet identification on claw foot tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt30

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
lookin for some more help fellas.

At the end of my day Friday a customer asked “since I was there” to have a look at her tub faucet that’s dripping.

The handles were pretty stuck on the cartridge, and I didn’t exactly have time to mess with it and I knew I didn’t have the parts on my truck anyway. I told her I would try and identify it to get a couple cartridges first, then if something breaks while taking it apart she’s not without a tub all weekend.

The little bit I could see kind of looked like Waltec but I haven’t ever saw one with a diverter like that

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Pics

Attachments

• 88FF9CBD-3558-4350-9201-67E8E9E8CC32.jpeg
    88FF9CBD-3558-4350-9201-67E8E9E8CC32.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 169513E0-26E3-4989-ADDA-64F4D853E6B0.jpeg
    169513E0-26E3-4989-ADDA-64F4D853E6B0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
i think that's a pioneer tub valve......we have them at one of our oldest buildings on our campus we never had luck with getting replacement stems or seats there is a flat washer and screw on the end of stem we always end up changing the whole valve when possible I know that's not fesable all the time because of cost...bring the whole valve but try the flat washer first

if you cant find parts go to amazon and search clawfoot tub faucets. there fairly cheap and not to hard to replace

I have found the identical tub faucet made by Pegasus. I have to assume this is is just a newer look a like, as it has ceramic cartridges. This one I’m dealing with is far too old for that. I also couldn’t find a match while searching Pioneer images.

I guess I’ll just have to get out the penetrating fluid and see if I can bring the existing cartridges back to life!

IMG_6797.JPG I ran into a claw foot tub last week. They took the faucet out and stuffed rags in the holes.
Then they tiled the walls around it. Tiles eventually separated from the tub and they stuffed socks into the gap.:eek::eek:
I rebuilt the 3 handle PP valve. Old lady there said she grew up in that house.
She's lived there since she was 2 yrs old and now she's 72.
I almost made a U-turn when I walked in. The Pet urine smell was almost unbearable.
I had to hold my breath getting to the bathroom.
IMG_6794.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. If I went there to work on their plumbing, there would have been an additional "nasty" charge.

I have found the identical tub faucet made by Pegasus. I have to assume this is is just a newer look a like, as it has ceramic cartridges. This one I’m dealing with is far too old for that. I also couldn’t find a match while searching Pioneer images.

I guess I’ll just have to get out the penetrating fluid and see if I can bring the existing cartridges back to life!
I will see if I can get a name off the box when I get to work tomorrow

I just talked to our supply house sales man....our boxes are just white cardboard boxes with no name....when he orders he refrences pioneer tub filler with diverter...the stems are brass not ceramic...the Pegasus looks exactly like the ones we install hes gonnalook into it more tomorrow he is also shipping us a better quality one if your interested I can get you the name...

I just talked to our supply house sales man....our boxes are just white cardboard boxes with no name....when he orders he refrences pioneer tub filler with diverter...the stems are brass not ceramic...the Pegasus looks exactly like the ones we install hes gonnalook into it more tomorrow he is also shipping us a better quality one if your interested I can get you the name...

Anything helps! I appreciate it!

She hasent requested the service call for me to go back yet. I believe she may be waiting for me to track down parts. Those brands are sure as hell not common where I'm from, but every once in a while we run across an odd ball set up that nobody knows where it came from

Latest posts

Back