Expandable Rubber Plug for Trap Post-Snaking?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquaman

Reaction score
I had a fellow snake a kitchen stack for me last year and instead of removing the trap (or trying to snake through the cleanout) he drilled a hole in the trap just in front of the nipple that goes into the wall to run the snake through. When he was done, he used some kind of adjustable rubber plug to seal up the hole in the trap. I liked the technique but I don't know exactly what kind of plug he used and what the size was. Can anyone that is familiar with this procedure post some info or a link to the correct plug to use. There seem to be all sorts of sizes and prices. Thanks.

Post some pictures of that plugged pipe.

He was lazy and foolish, now you need to replace that pipe that he drilled.

A rubber plug blocking the flow will collect debris and cause a clog.

Abandon that idea.

Some p traps have a flat plug on the bottom, that can be removed to drain debris, but they don’t stick up into the waste stream.

I agree with frodo. Many years ago i went to unblock a kitchen sink , I passed the fish and the drain emptied , I went down stair to see what happened , my fish hit the plug and dislocated the plug, then all the water flow out though that same hole. the home owner now had dirty sewr water all over his basement.

Back