Everbilt upflush toilet sluggish

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fmkehoe

Reaction score
I have an Everbilt! SKU # 1001194470 Model # SW07501TC from Home Depot, in my basement and it has become very sluggish in that it doesn’t pump until the entire tank is full and backing up into the bowl.
It pumps, so the pump is good and the float switch works, but not soon enough.
The literature doesn’t mention any adjustment. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Contact the manufacturer for info.
Or change the float switch.

Vertical Switch with Direct-In Plug

https://www.homedepot.com/p/206055856
This Home Depot link says unavailable on the site or in store.

Here is an eBay link.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1355650338

Here is the manual for the whole system, the pump manual comes up first.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/08/089bb023-c59b-45c6-b8ac-9cc24a933de0.pdf

Maybe the switch is just jammed up with paper or solids?
Or someone flushed a tampon or toilet wipes, and they are jamming the switch from free motion?

Last edited:
Have you looked closely to see if you could adjust the float switch lower?
I’ve read manual .... no mention of adjustment and as for junk being stuck.... I don’t want to know my family that well lol.

That type of system can’t handle anything but piss, poop, and paper.

So you should open it up and see if the float switch is glommed up with something.

People often use the toilet as a garbage can.

I wrote a poem for a client years ago, to hang over his Saniflo macerating toilet, to let users know it could only handle normal toilet waste.
I will dig it up, and post shortly.
All copyright retained!

Meanwhile, buy some long rubber disposable gloves and clean out everything that is not liquid.

Close it up again, try several flushes with just water, if the tank still remains too full, change out the switch.

Or have a plumber who has a stronger stomach clean it, or change out the switch for you.

Last edited:
I’ve read manual .... no mention of adjustment and as for junk being stuck.... I don’t want to know my family that well lol.
Yes I understood that from your first post.
But did you look closely at it to see if you could do something with it to accomplish your goal.

Have not physically looked at the switch cause I haven’t worked up the nerve yet. Hahaha.

You asked for ideas, but don’t expect any magical solutions that don’t involve you opening the tank and getting into the $hi+.

Yeah, Jeff, I know. Just hoping. I’ll just run the water for half an hour and then get into it.

Now you know why I charge people $70.00 to $90.00 to snake a plugged toilet full of crap and whatever else is in it, depending on how nasty it is.

That is still a good deal, but every once in a great while someone asks how long it will take, I say probably five or ten minutes, including cleanup.

They ask why so much for a few mins.
I say because I have to handle a toilet full of someone’s stinking crap, and suddenly they get it.

Be very careful putting your hand in where the blades are as they are like razor blades and will cut you bad.

Latest posts

Back