Ever seen a hookup like this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstoney

Reaction score
This is the bottom of a bathroom sink with spaced 2 handles and faucet with drain plug installed, with no name of brand! Does anyone know why it has all these hose connections and why? How does it hook up? Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• D505DF71-E429-48C7-B19F-E889CE7A6001.jpeg
    D505DF71-E429-48C7-B19F-E889CE7A6001.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Well, hot water is on the left and cold on the right and...wait, that's a lot of hookups. The outer pair are valves that connect their output to the faucet in the middle, which appears to have a drain lever lifting rod through it?

It's a widespread faucet. Not sure of the manufacturer, it could be price pfister. Where are the hoses? Most manufacturers use proprietary threads on the hoses connecting the handles to the spout. You may get lucky and be able to use 1/2" IPS connections though.

Thanks for both of your replies! Didn’t come with the hoses! I will have to find them, Hoping I get lucky and they‘re the standard size! I have searched for three days and have not found any hookups like these! It is a lot of hook ups! I know the hot and cold hoses hook to the bottom of the valve, and I think the outsides hook to one another, but the drain stem coming thru the middle from the faucet is throwing me off! The faucet is a arch style and the drain is on the faucet front side at bottom. The bottom where drain rod runs has threads but I don’t think that anything plugs into that because drain stem is in the way. So what is the reason to connect the two outside connectors? Maybe I should just cap the sides off, but how is water gonna come out faucet if nothing is connected to bottom of faucet! Must be missing a part! Thinking i might just need to remove this whole setup and replace everything!

Crazy thought, but could you get email addresses for support from a few mfr's, like PricePfister, Kohler, Delta, Grohë, and Hansgrohë and write to them including the picture. Say you just wish for a copy or link of the installation&user manual...maybe one will know it and help you out! They are usually happy to help when they can,

Ars, thank you so much for suggesting that, never would have thought of that! Thanks again!

This quickie is how it hooks together.
The rod going up thru spout controls the drain pop-up.
It's not connected to water.

FLEX2.jpg1--flex.JPG

Last edited:
Riickk, thank you so much, perfect sketch! Was thinking this but definitely not sure! Thanks again!

You will probably spend so much time and money hunting for elusive mystery parts.
And returning or getting stuck with parts that don’t fit.

Just buy a new faucet.

Was that a free sink from the curb?

Jeff, already in operation! No extra parts needed or bought! Wish it would have been free and from the curb, NOT!

This whole story makes no sense, I call bs on everything.

You said it did not come with hoses, but now it is in operation, with no extra parts needed or bought.

Ooookaaayyy!

Last edited:
I was thinking a specialty type of sink with a sprayer aside from the regular hot/cold? Perhaps some sort of grooming sink.

Latest posts

Back