**Emergency** Toilet clogged, Sink draining adds to water level in bowl

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDelaney

Reaction score
So, the problem is, my toilet is clogged, no amount of plunging seems to be doing the trick so I added some drain cleaner, waited, and when I went to add some hot water from the sink, I noticed that as water goes down the sink drain, it adds to the water level of the bowl.

I planned on going to pick up a toilet auger to give that a try, but was wondering if the sink draining to bowl thing would signify a specific problem.

*Maybe an important added detail is that my landlord always hires the cheapest labor and he has two "maintenance men" who seem to do the work on all of his properties and they always do the most amateur, half-assed work and probably put this bathroom together as it is a newer addition to the building, so I imagine this may be the root of the problem, though it has worked fine for a couple of years..

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Are you on septic or sewer? If your septic is backed up it will do this also if the rest of oyur house is fine then there is probably a clogg in the main line between that bathroom and where it connects to the rest of the house.

Latest posts

Back