Elongated toilet seat for a standard toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantabulous

Reaction score
I have a standard toilet that my landlord won't let me change out, but the seat is too small for me and is uncomfortable. I bought an elongated toilet seat thinking that it might magically fit and I could enjoy times of bliss and joy in my bathroom, but as you all might know it didn't fit. It was too long in the front and I could see the toilet rim underneath.

However, I unscrewed it and tried positioning the elongated toilet seat back towards the tank so that it would fit without showing the front part of the toilet rim underneath and it fit just right!

So here's my question, is there an elongated toilet seat that would fit a standard toilet so that it would fit like how I positioned it? Is there an elongated toilet seat that would let you enjoy the comfort of a big toilet seat because it is well measured at the hinge area so that it would fit on a standard toilet perfectly? Basically, I want to enjoy an elongated toilet seat on a standard toilet without getting an elongated toilet.

Thank you for your time.

I have never seen one myself, but I do understand what you are saying. I'm wondering if you could find one thru a medical supply house?

Not exactly sure how the hinging on that would work. Sure the thing will sit there nicely, but if the hinge holes were that far forward it wouldn't have any way to pivot (The rear portion would need to go THROUGH the bowl).

I think you may use a spa toilet seat for the replacement but I am not sure if is elongated for you.

Yes there are a few over sized toilet seats on the market today. I saw one recently at a supply house (Famous Supply). If you Google "over sized toilet seat" you may even get the dimensions of one on 'images'. It looked like the holes were the same for mounting and the front lip met the edge of the bowl, but the seat was wider. It is a specialty order and will cost more and cannot be returned if you don't like it, though.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back