Eljer Savoy series tank reservoir

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worahm

Reaction score
I am looking for a plastic reservoir that Eljer used in it's Savoy series toilet. The orginal reservoir was accidently discarded when the drain valve was replaced several years ago. I have checked several supply houses but it appears the reservoir out of production and no longer available. Any ideas where I might find one?

Nope, they’re gone. Iucky for you it doesn’t need it to work.

I typically would remove them as well, in the garbage they go. 😀

Thank you for your response.... I installed a universal drain. valve that seemed to work well but resulted in a very long refill time. Have considered putting a brick in the tank to displace water and reduce the fill time. Is there any other work around that you know of?

Lower the water level by adjusting the fill valve.
Post a pic of the tank innards so we can tell you how to adjust the level.

You can lower it gradually until it stops flushing properly, then raise it back up a little to the sweet spot

Sometimes bricks will shed small chunks which can clog up the little holes around the rim, forever.

Thank you for your response.... I installed a universal drain. valve that seemed to work well but resulted in a very long refill time. Have considered putting a brick in the tank to displace water and reduce the fill time. Is there any other work around that you know of?

Install a fluidmaster adjustable flapper. You can make the flapper stay open or close based off a setting from 1-10.

Keep the water level 1/2” from the top of the overflow or at the water line mark on the inside of the tank.

Good point about putting brick in the tank. I did not think of that possibility of debris getting under the valve. And, thanks for the adjustment information I reset the float for the lowest water level. The toilet seems to flush okay and the water stops flowing into the tank in a shorter period of time. It is still longer then the three other Elger toilets in my house but it is much better. Thank you to the group for the help.

You’re going to get your best flush by keeping the water level in the tank high and getting a flapper you can adjust how long the flapper stays open/open.

You’re going to get your best flush by keeping the water level in the tank high and getting a flapper you can adjust how long the flapper stays open/open.
Sorry, I did not mean to ignore your post. I was not aware there was such an animal. I will see if I can find an adjustable flapper valve and give it a try. Thanks for the reminding me.

Sorry, I did not mean to ignore your post. I was not aware there was such an animal. I will see if I can find an adjustable flapper valve and give it a try. Thanks for the reminding me.
No problem, I just posted it because others read the thread that may have your same problem.

Y
Not sure that adjusts how long the flapper stays open. That's what his post said anyway.
Yes it does.
Read the whole description.

• You can control the amount of water during flush to save water
  • You can turn the dial on the flapper to a higher number so it will let the flapper stay open for a longer flush

I saw the flapper valve you mentioned but it was a 2" valve and I need a 3" valve for my Eljer Savoy Series 1.6 gal toilet. I have not been able to locate a similar 3" valve. I will keep looking.......

I'll just say I've tried these adjustable flappers once before. I threw it in the trash and got the one I needed. The float assist I like. Whatever works for you guys is fine.

I do NOT have a good understanding of how the adjustable flapper valve works. How does turning a ring or dial on the valve change the valve in such a way as to cause it to close sooner or later? In what way does the dial or ring change the valve so it closes at different times? Why does Flowmaster make a two inch adjustable flapper valve and not a three inch adjustable flapper valve?
I understand how the water level in the tank effects the pressure and velocity of the water as it enters the bowl, so adjusting the closing time on the flapper valve seems to be a good solution. to my long refill issue. So far Korky is the only company that I can find that sells a 3" adjustable valve and their ratings are not impressive.

My mistake. I was attempting to send a private message. Please delete.

Last edited:
Back