Effluent filters?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteDannen

Reaction score
Hi -

I just had my septic system pumped for it's regular cleaning. It's a solids -> gray water system that pumps into my field with a syphon system. Between the solids and water tank are two effluent filters. Yesterday (just 5 weeks since my cleanout) water spilled out of the top of my solids tank (they aren't bolted down ... I know, I know). When the plumber arrived and removed the covers today we saw that the water tank hadn't reached the flushing level. When they pulled the effluent filters (tuf tite ef4 - yellow staircase looking ones) the water flowed from the solid tank to the water tank, it reached its flushing level and flowed out into the field while getting both tanks to the water levels they should be at. It appears that the water tank filter was facing the wrong direction, meaning the outflow arrow was pointing into the solid tank. Could this have dramatically slowed the flow of water from solid to water tank enough to cause back up in the solid tank? My wife had done 5 or 6 loads of laundry yesterday and we have had bad rainfall by NJ standards of late. Your opinions, questions and expertis are welcomed! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back