Easy faucet Drip

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffG

Reaction score
I have a single lever kitchen faucet and I have a hard time adjusting it so that it drips a little to keep my water lines from freezing. Is there an adapter or perhaps another way I can get my faucet to drip in the sink easily?

I have a single lever kitchen faucet and I have a hard time adjusting it so that it drips a little to keep my water lines from freezing. Is there an adapter or perhaps another way I can get my faucet to drip in the sink easily?
Are you trying to have both the hot and the cold water flow?
If so, can you determine how much of each would be flowing using a single lever kitchen faucet?

Have you considered using the shut off valves below the sink to control the flow volumes?

Do you have any experience with your specific scenario of temperatures, pipe exposure and flow rates?

Dripping water doesn't guarantee non-freezing. Not to mention, if the dripping is causing movement(displacement) of the water in ALL areas subject to freeze up.

Hi Diehard,

You bring up points I hadn't thought of before.

It probably doesn't make much sense to even let it drip, since the mixture of cold and hot is not known.

I have no experience with pipe exposure or flow rates. I was just looking for an easier way to get my faucet to drip a little instead of a full stream.

I thought maybe something like a restrictive aerator might exist or maybe there was some mechanism that allowed for a drip.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Make sure you open the doors to the cabinets. I just showed a lady today on opening a faucet just barely on the cold
water and then the hot on a different faucet. This way both water lines are moving.

Latest posts

Back