e one Grinder Pump - Help Please?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldReturner

Reaction score
Evening

We had a 3-day power outage and it worked fine before the outage.

The usual happened - the basin got full, the alarm went off, and I hit the silence button. It was running but water was NOT being pumped out.

I tried turning off the breaker, letting it run, turning off the breaker, but to no avail.

I then lifted the unit a bit and rested it but still in the water. I turned it on and water WAS pumping out of the discharge hose.

I opened the ball cock and water from the sewer did shoot up into the air.

I then removed the entire unit and hosed it down and checked for any visible clogs which I found none.

I replaced the unit and turned it on, it runs, but no water is being pumped out.

Other than calling in the professionals and spending a wad of cash, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

most pump setups have a vacuum relief hole either in the body of the pump or drilled in the pipe just up from the pump volute.
Possibly there is a clog in the hole.

I appreciate your advice! I pulled the unit out again a bit, turned it on, and sewage water was freely flowing out of the exit spout at what I believe to be a normal rate. I pulled it out all of the way, laid it on the grass and hosed it off really good and did a careful inspection. I didnt find any holes (nor on the schematics of the unit online) nor did I find any clogs.

I put the unit back in, turned the power on, and it is running and running but to no avail. Logically I dont get it as it clearly pumps water. Could a city-wide power outage for days backup the sewer system to where my pump isnt able to overcome the city sewer's backup?

Last edited:
An E-One system is an engineered product, if I am not mistaking, for a forced main sewer. You need to call someone well versed in these systems.

Back