DWV System Diagram: Critique my work

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyz

Reaction score
I am new here and this is my first time posting. Nice to meet you all, and thanks for reading.

I am working on building a bathroom. I am in Arkansas and from what I can find, the codes here are based on the 2006 IPC.

Anyway, I drew up a diagram and this is what I came up with. Does it look ok, or maybe I am crazy? Feel free to advise, critique, laugh, scream, rant, or cry.

Are there some glaring problems that I am missing?
Are my vents in the correct place?
Are my fittings all right?
What placement/fittings would you use instead, where, and why?

Here are two pictures of the space. Below that are two pictures where I have superimposed my plans on top of them. Thanks!

DWV design take two.jpg

^^From the sink p-trap I am kind of stuck running along the top of the slab towards the shower drain line. I guess I have to have some drops and turns there to meet up with the shower drain line. Do you think it would be better to use two 45s instead of 2 90s to reduce the degree of turn?

dwv take 2 2.jpg

I don’t like the two 90’s offset under the toilet. Try to locate your san tee for the toilet directly over your horizontal to eliminate the two 90’s.

Use 45’s on the 2” rather than 90’s.

Your code may require one 3” vent in the building if there’s not one or if this branch connects to the sewer outside the building foundation.

I don’t have a resource for reference to check your code. If you’re getting permits they’ll want you to draw it anyway....

Hi, thanks for your response!
So the offset under the toilet is because of the unfortunate slab situation. I'll upload a picture below:
toilet rough.jpg
Since there is no crawlspace under the toilet, I'm hoping to get around it (and not have to go through it) by snaking the system around. It's kind of a weird set up, because there IS a crawlspace under the shower.

Hi, thanks for your response!
So the offset under the toilet is because of the unfortunate slab situation. I'll upload a picture below:
View attachment 29964
Since there is no crawlspace under the toilet, I'm hoping to get around it (and not have to go through it) by snaking the system around. It's kind of a weird set up, because there IS a crawlspace under the shower.
Can you roll the combo on a 45 and use a 45 for the riser? Also your sink drain doesn't need to be 2". Should be 1.5 I'm not a fan of oversized drains.

Can you roll the combo on a 45 and use a 45 for the riser? Also your sink drain doesn't need to be 2". Should be 1.5 I'm not a fan of oversized drains.
Hey! Thanks, a roll on the 45 combo with another 45 for the riser would be way better =)

Back