Dwv for house?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rovert21

Reaction score
Does anyone see a problem plumbing a home this way? Do I need 1 or both of red sections as vents? All plumbing diagrams i see always show a stack vent continuing straight off of the soil stack going through the roof. If all fixtures have their own vents as shown do I need red sections. If I do need them I am curious as to why. Do you see any other problems with plumbing as shown? I have attached a picture.

Thanks.

Attachments

• PLUMBING.png
    PLUMBING.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 32
The sewer lateral is only 3”inch. Looks like your going to upsize that pipe to handle two bathrooms. What about clean outs? There is a limit on length/size for vents check to see how your outline measures up. Your going to need to know measurements of pipe runs.

If adding the red ones is feasible, I'd do it. Although, might also work to do them as branch vents to merge with existing roof penetration-- but it also depends on the size of the main stack. Another way to do it would be to run the toilet's vents out through the side of the wall and up the side of the house and around the eaves. It's ugly, but it works-- it's what my plumber had to do on my house for circuit vents. You have your closet bend going at 90° toward the wall, extend it out (so long as it does not exceed the maximum trap arm length) through the wall then have a sanitary tee to take it down to the sewer pipe and up the exterior wall. You can paint the PVC to match the house (and to protect it from the sun).
If you go up through the roof, you'll want roof boots for each vent penetration.

3" is fine for a 2 bath house. you probably dont need the red vents if you are wet venting those bathrooms. Most times I wet vent bathroom groups unless its not possible. Forget pipes outside the walls, thats only if you are desparate. I would add a test tee on the right and left in the basement and put a cleanout in the yard.

Code minimums vary from state to state . In Illinois 4 inch minimum sewer exiting building . At least one 3" vent stack that goes all the way up through . Do not need the red ones if you increased one of the yellow 2 " vent/ drain stacks to 3 inches . Toilet on bottom left would need a vent if the red ones are eliminated .

Latest posts

Back